Mohalla turned out to be such a lovely surprise for us. The food is authentic and creative, and the decor is wonderfully desi-chic. Our food was delicious, and they had some really wonderful nostalgic ingredients in their dishes, that made my heart so happy!
- Raj Kachori – AED 35 – This was crispy, savoury, fruity, and fairly addictive.
- Kuzhi Paniyaram (Prawns) – AED 50 – this was crazy good.
- Kachalu Chaat – AED 30 – I haven’t seen commercially available kachalu anywhere – so I was soooo happy to see it on their menu. They really did the kachalu service – it was crispy, the salad was fresh, and overall, the dish was delicious.
- Gatta Curry – AED 38 – So nostalgic!
- Khao Suey Chicken – AED 65 – Egg Noodle Chicken Soup dish with fried onions, peanuts, cilantro – Damn this was good.
Overall, there were so many other quirky dishes on the menu that I would’ve ordered, and our service was fantastic, so I’m definitely going back. Save this, because Mohalla is one worth checking out!