Season 6 – Books
Every 3 months, Carnival by Tresind launches a new season. A new season means a brand new menu exploring the nuances of India’s complex and incredible cuisine. 💖
The theme for their 6th season, is Books :)
Scroll through to see what we ate. As always, I’ve marked what we loved (with a *). You will notice that there are a ton of *’s in this review!
- Bao Bhaji – We started with the Amuse bouche, which was was the Bao Bhaji
- *Momo Fuku – which was a chicken momo with a killer red chilli chutney. Our server said that only one chef in their restaurant knows the recipe of this secret sauce
- *Cevice Salad – YUM*Hot Sauce Nation – Which was shrimp in another killer sauce that we could’ve licked off’ve the bowl.
- *Chicken Samosa – with a peanut salan. The samosa was fried, and then cooked on a griddle – Every bit as yum as it sounds.
- *Puli Inji Prawns – By now, anyone who has been to Carnival by Tresind knows about these legendary prawns. The restaurant introduced these prawns in the first season, and it is SUCH a popular dish, that they just cannot take it off the menu :)
- *Hot Sauce Nation – Shrimp mezkukkupuratti, with homemade black pepper tobasco – Another winner.
- *Chicken Korma
- Fish Tajine
- *Five Shades of Pumpkin – which was a pumpkin kofta in a seed sauce gravy.
- *Artichoke Masala – Slow braised artichokes in a DELICIOUS smoky, sauce.
- Newton – Caramel apple shahi tukda with a saffron ice cream
- *When Life Gives you Lemons – Lemon tart strawberry sorbet, and dehydrated meringue
I know that once you’ll finish with the entire set menu, you’re gonna be hella full, but DO NOT MISS the paan. It has a little surprise in it, that made everyone on our table giggle with glee.
Overall, Chef Vinu Raveendran has created another home-run this season. I would most definitely go back with friends, on special occasions, and for date nights.
Their lunch menu is an incredible deal, at AED 89 for 6 courses.
Their ‘Bookmark Tasting Menu’ is priced at AED 259.